Sep 12, 2009

Day Seven of the Seven Day Countdown

Alright, folks. I don't know about you but it's been a rough week for me. I'm thrilled that it's the weekend. Tomorrow is my reading and I can't express how excited and nervous I am. A good friend and brilliant writer told me that I should focus on the story, not on how people react to me. The story exists apart from me. So I'm going to take his advice and listen to Denny and Haley and what their story tells us.

In case you didn't know, I am a passionate feminist and Cast the First Stone reflects my feminist beliefs.

"Women are not inherently passive or peaceful. We're not inherently anything but human." ~Robin Morgan

"You don't have to be anti-man to be pro-woman." ~Jane Galvin Lewis

"I've left the girl I was supposed to be, and some day I'll be born." ~Paula Cole

Today's question is a personal one. There's no right answer here. I just want to start a discussion. What do you think feminism is and, if you've read the book, how is it portrayed in CTFS?

No comments: