Feb 24, 2009

Just a Quickie

Hello there, enthusiastic readers! I wanted to post a few things of possible interest to you.

If you live in Chi-town or want to come visit us in May, there's an amazing indie literary festival you just have to check out. I'll be participating in one way or another. Here's the website: http://pilcrowlitfest.com/


I went to a reading about two weeks ago that was hosted by Northwestern's writing programs in a majestic, yet hidden building downtown called the Fine Arts Building. (We had to ride up a creaky elevator manned by an older man, sitting on a stool. I thought maybe we had taken a wrong turn and walked onto the set of a horror film.) Reginald Gibbons read from his book of poetry, "Creature of a Day." He really is a wonderful poet and worth checking out.

I've started a new (sometimes humorous) blog on open salon, which is about me trying to come to grips with my spiritual journey thus far. If you'd like to check it out, the link is: http://open.salon.com/blog/gwendolyn_glover .

I should have some information about a wonderful group show of sorts that will be hosted by The Little Black Pearl. The month of March is dedicated to celebrating women in the arts and they've invited me to join them. More on that very soon.

Thanks to all of you who regularly read my blog and thanks especially to those that leave comments. It nice to know that I'm connecting with someone out there.

No comments: