Sep 18, 2008

Let There Be Peace

Sunday, September 21st, is the International Day of Peace.

Recently, I've become very aware that I'm guilty of being consumed by personal frustations and family-related stress. I distract myself by checking my e-mail constantly and getting news updates from NPR, BBC, MSN, etc. My head is often a constant whirlwind of information and lists of things to do and keeping track of my budget. I'm so mentally exhausted at the end of the day that I just want to be entertained by whatever came in the mail from Netflix. I make very little time to simply be. To focus on the moment. To find peace in my world.

My wish is that all of us would take a moment out of everyday, not just tomorrow, to pause and pray for peace. To recognize peace in ourselves and in the people around us and to work toward peace in our world.




Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God.-- Matthew 5:9

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.-- Albert Einstein (1979-1955)

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.-- Mother Theresa (1910-1997)


http://www.internationaldayofpeace.org/

1 comment:

Steven Leyva said...

I am with you. Shalom.