Oct 27, 2008

Little Miss Patriotic

Well, I've been feeling all "red, white, & blue" lately. This isn't a political blog, but I am a feminist so I'm duty-bound to remind everyone: DON'T FORGET TO VOTE! David & I voted early on Saturday and we had to wait for over an hour in a nice, ever-growing line. It makes me happy to see so many people enthusiastic about voting. So, remember, when you standing in line, bored to tears, and wondering how late you're going to be for work: smile because you might possibly maybe make a difference.

(Here's me, crossing my fingers and saying a little prayer.)

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

I've been hearing so much about people voting early...how do you get to vote early? Do you have to qualify? What's the deal?

little miss gnomide said...

This is the first year that I've heard so much about voting early. In Illinois, you do not have to qualify to vote early. We were sent info in the mail to let us know where we could vote early. I found a couple of websites about voting in New York, but I couldn't find anything about voting early. Wierd. Maybe you could check with your local NPR website/radio station.

http://www.vote-ny.com/english/faqs.php

http://www.elections.state.ny.us/Voting.html