May 18, 2008

"Oh, my ears and whiskers, how late it's getting!"

I know I haven't posted anything in awhile. Here are my excuses: it's been deliciously warm outside, I've been trying to get a prof's permission to take a fiction writing class this summer (and I'm in!), I just started tutoring ESL to a lovely Korean mother and her eight-year-old daughter, and I've been revising that pesky novel. So there.

I do have a few recommendations for this week. If you haven't watched Juno yet, what the hell are you waiting for? Seriously, you must watch it. Check out these writers: Sherman Alexie, Emma Donoghue, and Lorrie Moore. They have short stories or poems or essays that you can read on the internet. You don't even have to go to the library. Also, if you haven't discovered Emmy the Great on YouTube yet, you really, really should. It'll be good for your heart-strings, I promise.

Okay. If you've got some recommendations for me, please leave me a comment. I'm just starving for good reads and muses. And, thanks, as always, for listening to me rant.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Recommendations based on recent reads:

"Memories of My Melancholy Whores" Gabriel Garcia Marquez

"The Stranger" Albert Camus

"Never Let Me Go" Kazuo Ishiguro

And I've been listening to a lot of Fiona Apple lately (and wondering if I'm the absolute last person on the planet to discover her).

Love you!